EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-28 04:43:10
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This page covers the physical ergonomic issues.
The Leica SL is large and heavy with its 24-90mm lens: 2000 grams (body + lens + battery + cards) and 2150 grams / 4.74 pounds with the supplied strap.
By comparison, the Nikon D810 + 24-70mm f/2.8E VR is about 1900 grams / 4.2 pounds with the Canon 5DS around ~1850 grams. Add an L-plate to either camera and the size/weight are about the same as the Leica SL + 24-90 without any L-plate, with the Leica SL a bit heavier and with a bit more reach (90mm vs 70mm), but a stop slower, far more expensive, and only 24 megapixels.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.