EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-28 03:53:08
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This interior scene pushes the dynamic range of the Leica SL sensor, but it is not excessive by comparison anything that might be shot with other cameras, and even the shutter speeds are relatively fast. Yet severe pattern noise and hot pixel problems are seen at the relatively fast shutter speed of 4/10 second.
Cameras with 36 or 42 or 50 megapixels rarely show such severe issues, but the Leica SL manages to do it with the “fat pixels” of a 24-megapixel sensor.
Leica SL Pattern Noise and Hot Pixels
Adobe Camera Raw 9.6.1 (631). ACR settings. Camera Profile = AdobeRGB. Contrast control with shadow boost.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.