EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-09-28 04:28:48
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Leica SL camera firmware v1.10. OIS disabled.
This study evaluates white balance and tint using Adobe Camera Raw 9.3.1 (520) in Photoshop CC 2015 (version 20151114 r.301, latest as of 2016-01-03).
The choice of camera profile for raw conversion exerts a pronounced influence on color rendition. Indeed, the choice of white balance and tint can be wildly different with the choice of camera profile.
Accordingly, with any new camera it is a good idea to shoot a color checker target(such as the Datacolor SpyderCHECKR) to determine the appropriate white balance and tint settings for raw conversion in typical lighting conditions: sunny, overcast, tungsten, etc—whatever one commonly uses. Once determined, these settings can then be used as baselines for work in which the white balance and tint may vary according to time of day and other factors.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.