EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-25 15:28:05
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
The Leica SL is Leica’s first foray into a fully modern interchangeable lens mirrorless camera. Related products fall short of the fully modernized digital approach:
- The Leica M240 is a hybrid rangefinder + optional (and low-res) EVF system in which the rangefinder lenses for the most part are not optimized for digital.
- The Leica S is a DSLR lacking an EVF option (2015 model does have Live View finally).
- The Leica Q has a fixed lens.
As of May 2016, there were only two native mount lenses: the Leica 24-90mm f/2.8-4 Vario-Elmarit-SL ASPH zoom lens and the Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm f/2.8-4.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.