EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-21 22:57:19
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Leica SL2 firmware v2.0.
This page discusses operational issues with the Leica SL2.
Flaky Live View
I observed the Leica SL2 lose its mind one evening, with the rear LCD Live View display stuttering, drawing half the screen, etc. Totally broken and unusable.
I was able to make the problem go away by putting my eye near the EVF to force it to make a state change. It did not recur, but it does show that there is some serious bug in the Live View code. The fear is that you’re out with the SL2 some fine day or on some important trip or photo shoot, and it will go haywire like this and stay that way.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.