EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-26 09:54:05
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Leica SL2 firmware v2.0.
This page discusses operational issues with the Leica SL2.
Everything we do is driven by your passion for photography — Leica.
Metering that frequently gives up 2/3 to 1 stop dynamic range
Exposure metering consistently gives up 2/3 to 1 stop of exposure headroom, resulting in notably higher noise than need be. I found myself dialing in +2/3 on a regular basis. Making matters worse, the live histogram is a useless toy for gauging exposure so as to not blow-out things. And even after taking the shot, the lack of an RGB histogram is a colossal failure in design judgment.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.