EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-19 22:51:22
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
The Panasonic S1R boasts a breakthrough 5.76 megadot 0.78x-Magnification OLED EVF along with a 3.2-inch 2.1 megadot triaxial tilt touchscreen and even includes a top monochrome display—three displays on the camera, similar to the Nikon Z7.
My experience with recent cameras in 2018 is that a high-res EVF is both a pleasure to use and a seriously useful tool for manual focus. The rear LCD is less important, but I find that less than 2 megadots is a negative.
The top LCD is good to have, but it is not that easy to read and inferior to the best OLED top displays (it does not appear to be OLED).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.