EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-07-21 23:37:17
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
In Panasonic S1R: True ISO 50, not a Faux ISO — Kudos to Panasonic, I discussed noise and and the signal/noise ratio derived from images I had taken from ISO 50 to ISO 51200 in 1/3 stops (RawDigger folks analyzed the images). That series was not ideal (and not shot for) the purpose of showing the true S/N ratio because it was shot in-focus, which means that standard deviation calculated on the gray patch is increased by subject detail, including dust. So while that graph is valid relatively speaking for each ISO and the patterns it shows, the signal/noise ratio is lower than it otherwise would be.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.