EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-04-11 23:07:48
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
Cameras with pixel shift are prone to severe and prominent artifacts like checkerboarding that are just about impossible to deal with, making pixel shift pretty much useless for field shooting—long experience and true of Pentax and Sony pixel shift. But the Panasonic S1R uses an 8-frame multi-shot approach that performs in-camera merging of those 8 frames into single raw file with size equivalent to four frames.
Can the Panasonic S1R Multi-Shot High-Res mode be used without unwanted digital artifacts with subject motion? Here HighRes mode 2* is used and compared to a single-shot frame.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.