EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-13 19:14:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
When I shoot indoors or outdoors, I strive to achieve the best possible image quality. That means base ISO and an optimal ETTR exposure. But what of ISO 50 versus ISO 100—does it matter much? It would be easy to come to an erroneous conclusion for some average scene, but when it matters, it really matters. Namely in high dynamic range images, as here.
This page evaluates how image quality at ISO 50 compares to ISO 100 and ISO 200 as well as ISO 50 in Multi-Shot High-Res mode, showing compelling results that any Panasonic S1R user should be aware of.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.