EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-13 19:34:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This page looks at how much sharpening to apply for standard single-shot exposures during raw conversion when converting using Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) in Adobe Photoshop (also applies to Adobe Lightroom).
Three different crops are shown across a range of sharpening values.
Sometime you’ll read about “images processed without any sharpening”. But that approach is silly at best: for starters, the camera electronics may already in effect be applying processing equivalent to sharpening. The evidence for this is obvious; just compare a Nikon Z7/D850 to a Sony A7R III; the latter clearly has been preprocessed and rapidly degrades with more sharpening; the Nikon cameras can handle considerably more sharpening (and all them lack an anti-aliasing filter).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.