EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-07-21 23:36:07
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This page captures my field experience findings about focusing for Multi-Shot High-Res mode in particular.
The demands of the 187-megapixel Multi-Shot HighRes mode are 2X as stringent (linearly) as for 47MP sensor resolution. The S1R has no provision for focusing accurately for that 2X greater requirement. Only be reviewing a taken HighRes image can one be sure of optimal focus, or rather, be sure that it looks optimal (there is no knowing for sure).
Manual focus is highly error prone even at 20X magnification. The issue is that the S1R applies some kind of “crawly” enhancement so that slightly out of focus things look pretty much the same as in focus. It requires great care to distinguish the two, and I find myself having to shoot a HighRes image and check itas the only reliable way to be sure, and that only works well if the lens is ultra high performance (otherwise it’s unclear if if's the lens or the focus).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.