EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-13 19:51:12
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Panasonic S1R firmware version 1.0.
This page captures issues encountered with the Panasonic S1R. See also the Live View page for a critical point.
Autofocus errors with slow lenses
A number of series I have shot have been ruined by bad focus when using slow lenses, e.g., f/4 or thereabouts. The camera typically front-focuses. This is in magnified Live View too, which makes it all the more disappointing. I have observed cases in which the camera keeps mis-focusing, and where manual focus is obviously sharper. Do not trust camera AF for critical work!
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.