EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-10-01 08:33:20
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
This example looks at image quality with the GF 110mm f/2 at late dusk, particularly very fine detail in wire and stone and roof tiles at distance. It differs from Oak Tree View to Tower in that it is more distant, and includes foreground elements to assess bokeh and color correction as well as offering a smaller reproduction scale to see how well the very finest details on the tower resolve.
View to Tower
Adobe Camera Raw 188.8.131.520. View ACR settings. Camera Profile = ASTIA/SOFT.
ACR enforces lens corrections for chromatic aberration, vignetting, distortion, a requirement flag set by the GFX in the raw file.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.