EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-18 15:12:12
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This scene tests the Fujifilm GF 110mm f/2 angled to a target that yields insight into sharpness, color correction and focus shift.
Adobe Camera Raw 18.104.22.1680. View ACR settings. Camera Profile = PROVIA/STANDARD.
ACR enforces lens corrections for chromatic aberration, vignetting, distortion, a requirement flag set by the GFX in the raw file.
Color correction is stunningly good: examine all the out of focus specular highlights such as on the basket, the cranks the reflectors—if there is secondary color there, I don’t see it—the out of focus blurs are neutral with no sign of magenta/green secondary color. Kudos to Fujifilm for world-class color correction (the violet/blue light in places is a nearby emergency light kiosk, not anything to do with color correction).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.