EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-01-20 21:31:20
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
UPDATE 28 March 2017: the Baseball Diamond series was re-shot with another brand-new GFX and brand-new 120/4 and showed the same behavior.A camera + lens glitch seems likely. Hence the results here are not likely to change with another lens or camera sample—not until some firmware fix is made.
Update 21 July 2019: the Fujifilm GF 110mm f/2 R LM WR shows the same unstable lens focus behavior on the Fujifilm GFX-100—see Shootout: Fujifilm GF 110mm f/2 R WR vs Fujifilm GF 100-200mm f/5.6: Mosaic with Unstable Lens Focus. The whole situation is just ridiculous, and it shows that Fujfifilm hs done nothing to address the problem. I deem this a “focus stability issue” similar to issues with the Leica 75mm f/2 APO-Summicron-SL ASPH and Leica 90mm f/2 APO-Summicron-SL ASPH, which “walk”their focus rearward with each exposure.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.