EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-24 15:23:06
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
UPDATE 28 March 2017: the Baseball Diamond series was re-shot with another brand-new GFX and brand-new 120/4 and showed the same behavior.A camera + lens glitch seems likely. Hence the results here are not likely to change with another lens or camera sample—not until some firmware fix is made.
The Fujifilm GFX with the 120mm f/4 appears to suffer from damaging focus shift. See these three published series documenting the damage:; every other field series taken shows the same problem:
- Fujifilm GF 120mm f/4 Aperture Series: Dolls
- Fujifilm GF 120mm f/4 Aperture Series: Baseball Diamond
- Fujifilm GF 120mm f/4 Aperture Series: Burghers of Calais
- Fujifilm GF 120mm f/4 Aperture Series: Mosaic
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.