EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-03-24 03:09:26
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
Shot with the first GFX sample, which might be a bad sample.
This series with the Fujifilm GF 120mm f/4 Macro R LM OIS WR is at a reproduction ratio of about 1:10, corresponding to a tight “head shot” portrait and right on the boundary of what I would consider macro range.
Diffraction effects for this series down to f/32 are assessed on the Mitigating Diffraction from f/4 through f/32 page using this same series.
Article continues for subscribers...
Already a subscriber? CLICK HERE TO LOG IN
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 50 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.