EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-24 15:19:43
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
ACR enforces lens corrections for chromatic aberration, vignetting, distortion, a requirement set by the GFX. Distortion correction in particular is suspect for degrading edge sharpness.
Cerro Gordo hotel
This two frame focus stack does fairly well but edge performance is dubious as in other shots, even the image of the two-shot pair that was focused on the hotel door—see the disappointing detail at far right.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.