EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-18 19:41:07
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
For a general understanding of format equivalence, see Format-Equivalent Depth of Field and F-Stop. At 250mm, the Fujifilm GF 250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR is about the same field of view (long dimension) as a 198mm lens on the 35mm format.
Camping in the Alabama Hills
Typical scene in the popular Alabama Hills. Campers and climbers of all sorts show up in this free camping area under the looming Mt Whitney. It is a pleasant area in the winter, very hot in the summer.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.