EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-05-28 23:17:28
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
For a general understanding of format equivalence, see Format-Equivalent Depth of Field and F-Stop. At 250mm, the Fujifilm GF 250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR is about the same field of view (long dimension) as a 198mm lens on the 35mm format.
Includes panoramic images up to 427 megapixels.
Fresh Snow on Mt Whitney
A cold storm dropped snow on the slopes of Mt Whitney and even down to the Alabama Hills, which is quite uncommon in late March. I was disappointed by the strong wind, having hoped to make some high-res images with the fresh coating of snow.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.