EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 10:13:54
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Examples: Alabama Hills in March (GFX 100)
For a general understanding of format equivalence, see Format-Equivalent Depth of Field and F-Stop. At 250mm, the Fujifilm GF 250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR is about the same field of view (long dimension) as a 198mm lens on the 35mm format.
Images from the Alabama Hills area near Mt Whitney in the Eastern Sierra.
Includes panoramic images up to 427 megapixels.
Fresh Snow on Mt Whitney
A cold storm dropped snow on the slopes of Mt Whitney and even down to the Alabama Hills, which is quite uncommon in late March. I was disappointed by the strong wind, having hoped to make some high-res images with the fresh coating of snow.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Medium Format covers medium format camera systems, including the Hasselblad X1D and Fujifilm GFX.
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.