EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-13 01:35:41
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
The Fujifilm GF 30mm f/3.5 is exeamplary in its low distortion, having only a very low level of barrel distortion affecting the corners. Very few lenses of this field of view can do so well. Kudos for this aspect of optical design!
The good news with such low distortion is that distortion correction can be avoided most of the time, thus keeping the sharpness intact rather than having the degrading effects of distortion correction stretch-apart the pixels. And if it is done, the effect is primarily in the corners, where optical performance is at its poorest anyway.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.