EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-10-01 08:30:07
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
The Fujifilm GF 35-70mm f/4.5-5.6 WR is a 2X zoom lens whose distortion characteristics are not documented by Fujifilm. This page shows how it actually behaves.
Examples are shown at various focal lengths both uncorrected and with distortion correction along with crops showing (in some cases) the substantial sharpness losses that occur with distortion correction.
Toggle each image to compare uncorrected to corrected image.
Retina display users will have a difficult time seeing the differences due to too-high pixel density. Ideally, view on a display with no greater than 110 ppi. However, the differences can be seen by enlarging the crops to 100% (which on a Retina Display at 2:1 really means 200%).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.