EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 09:25:46
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Compared: Fujifilm GF 50mm f/3.5 vs GF 45-100mm f/4: View Towards Mt Whitney
This comparison from f/4 to f/11 was shot in the Alabama Hills near Mt Whitney. It looks at sharpness near to far and across the frame and how real (actual) depth of field develops with each lens.
Speaking to the “prime versus zoom” debate (as well as the huge difference in bulk and weight), just how much better is the Fujifilm GF 50mm f/3.5 versus the Fujifilm GF 45-100mm f/4?
Shootout: Harsh Mid-Day Light to Lone Pine Peak
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Medium Format covers medium format camera systems, including the Hasselblad X1D and Fujifilm GFX.
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.