EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-25 12:06:53
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
Shot with Fujifilm GFX firmware 2.00, lens firmware 1.00. Brand-new GFX, brand-new lens.
This page shows focus shift with the Fujifilm GF 45mm f/2.8 R WR.
Focus shift when focused at ~20 meters out
If using a Retina display, zoom in so that it is more obvious.
This center crop from Iced-Over Beaver Pond shows the focus shift: compare f/2.8 to f/4 (zoom in more if on a retina display). Focus was done once, wide open at f/2.8, as is my wont, and necessary for this type of evaluation.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.