EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 08:26:17
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Aperture Series with Focus Stack: Light-Colored Boulder Amid Sage and Boulder Field (GFX 50S)
Shot with Fujifilm GFX firmware 2.00, lens firmware 1.00. Brand-new GFX, brand-new lens.
This aperture series look at near-to-far performance and how shockingly limited depth of field is. Thus it includes a 6-frame focus stack at f/11 for comparison to f/11.
It also shows an aberrant and highly destructive behavior of the Fujifilm GFX (or more correctly: Fujifilm GFX with 45mm f/2.8)—a large change in focus for no apparent reason. See my editorial comments on the Fujifilm GF 45mm f/2.8 main page.
Light-Colored Boulder Amid Sage and Boulder field
Adobe Camera Raw 10.0.0.827. View ACR settings. Camera Profile = Camera Pro Neg Hi. Diffraction mitigating sharpening for f/9 (minimum setting) and f/11 (a little more).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Medium Format covers medium format camera systems, including the Hasselblad X1D and Fujifilm GFX.
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.