EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-06-25 13:49:17
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Shot with Fujifilm GFX firmware 2.00, lens firmware 1.00. Brand-new GFX, brand-new lens.
This short aperture series examines far distance performance from f/2.8 through f/5.6. It shows the Fujifilm GF 45mm f/2.8 at its very best, which includes some modest limitations in spite of focusing at very far distance—worth taking into account when focusing.
Lundy Lake Dam, Green Ice at Dam End
Adobe Camera Raw 10.0.0.827. View ACR Settings. Camera Profile = Provia/Standard.
ACR enforces lens corrections for chromatic aberration, vignetting, distortion, a requirement set by the GFX in its raw file metadata. Some raw converters allow bypassing this requirement, but Adobe Camera Raw enforces it without recourse.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.