EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-11-18 08:02:32
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
These examples demonstrate the phenomenal level of detail that can be obtained using the FOCUS BKT feature of the Fujifilm GFX100 for focus stacking.
If these examples do not knock your socks off in terms of the stunning amount of detail capture, the superlative dynamic range and the total capture integrity, nothing will*.
* Could the PhaseOne IQ150 match this— its lenses would have to deliver the goods as superbly as the 45/2.8. Plus it would require stopping down at least to f/11 or many more frames, which becomes impossible at dusk like some of these images.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.