EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-06-04 12:52:11
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
Manual focus was used here in 100% magnified Live View— the Fujifilm GFX100 autofocus was useless in the dim light even on the snowy areas, failing no matter where I tried to focus. I found it difficult to focus at f/3.5 (heavy overlay of noise), so I had to shoot stopped down a bit to be sure of getting across the frame sharpness.
Unless noted, exposures were set to use long exposure noise reduction. The moon reduced overall contrast in the sky, but as compensation it delivered detail in the landscape.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.