EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-06-05 23:37:15
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Examples: Backyard (GFX100S)
These examples shot handheld with IBIS with the Fujifilm GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR.
Goals here include assessing overall image quality and focusing accuracy.
Images at sizes up to full camera resolution. Some examples include both color and monochrome versions.
Tigger scanning yard persimmon tree
Focused with small spot AF-S, the focus is perfect. The 50/3.5 delivers a stunning amount of detail on Tigger within a narrow zone that is just deep enough for the front of the body and head/eyes. The amount of detail where in focus is spectacular; and far higher than a 50 or 64MP 35mm-format camera.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Medium Format covers medium format camera systems, including the Hasselblad X1D and Fujifilm GFX.
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.