EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-01-17 04:30:26
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
This series assesses the Fujifilm GF 63mm f/2.8 at medium distance, showing the GFX and the 63/2.8 at their best in the field on a landscape image.
Aspen and Firs by Lee Vining Creek
Focusing protocol = refocusing at each aperture.
Lens Modulation Optimizer = On, 2-sec self timer, electronic shutter.
Adobe Camera Raw 220.127.116.118. View ACR settings. Camera Profile = PROVIA/STANDARD. Diffraction mitigating sharpening for f/9 and f/11.
For the 63/2.8, ACR enforces lens corrections for chromatic aberration, vignetting, distortion, a requirement set by the GFX.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.