EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-02-28 23:19:13
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
This aperture series from f/3.5 to f/11 was shot in the mountains near Death Valley. It has dual goals: (1) to show the performance of the Fujifilm GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR from f/3.5 to f/11, and (2) show what one can expect with monochrome conversions of color images on this kind of subject matter.
Includes images up to full camera resolution from f/3.5 to f/11.
Mining Buildings in Monochrome
Adobe Camera Raw 188.8.131.528. View ACR Settings. Camera Profile = Camera ASTIA/soft. Aggressive contrast control. Vignetting, distortion, lateral chromatic aberration all corrected as per required EXIF settings which ACR enforces.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.