EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-10-01 09:30:59
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Diffraction is discussed in detail in Making Sharp Images. See Mitigating Micro Contrast Losses from Diffraction Blur.
The crops here were taken from the Dolls aperture series.
Fujifilm GFX Lens Modulation Optimizer setting
The Fujifilm GFX offers afeature. The GFX manual follows the same mantra of omitting all useful details for anyone with a modicum of knowledge (e.g., a pro photographer buying a pro camera). In particular, whether a feature applies to JPEG or RAW or both, what the feature actually does, when to use it and why. The "slight loss of focus at the periphery of the lens” statement is greek to me as having anything to do with diffraction.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.