EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-01-17 04:35:28
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
vs Canon 5Ds R
Fujifilm GFX utilizes a 50-megapixel 44 X 33mm sensor (8256 X 6192). The Canon 5DS R utilizes a 36 X 24mm sensor of 8688 X 5792 image pixels.
The Canon 5Ds R in theory has slightly more resolving power on the long axis, and slightly less on the short axis. The differing aspect ratios mean that any comparison would need to crop one camera to the aspect ratio of the other for easy comparison. This implies favoring or disfavoring one camera or the other slightly, depending on how one crops. However, the image quality differences are so obvious that it matters little how one approaches it.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.