EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-24 08:37:30
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This page references a few images found in diglloyd Advanced DSLR; some of these are accessible only to subscribers to that publication.
Here I offer my view on the early 2017 medium format Fujifilm GFX vs the late 2017 Nikon D850 ). I have studied the 35mm vs medium format issue with respect to the previous 35mm king-of-the-heap (Nikon D810) for some time, but the D850 improves the DSLR argument significantly, so the question arises whether the D850 changes the equation. I cite my subjective impressions as well as facts of several kinds supporting those impressions.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.