EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-07-02 04:16:31
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
These issues existed at the time of review in March 2017 using the GFX-50R. Some issues might have been improved in firmware and/or with subsequent models. See 2020.06.30 firmware update notes and GFX100 firmware update all versions.
Update 2021-05-10: FOCUS BKT still fails to reach infinity focus.
Update: Fujifilm GFX100 firmare 1.01 (latest as of August 2019) still has issues.
Update: Fujifilm GFX100/100S firmware March 2021 still has the bug of failing to reach INF focus, according to one competent reader.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.