EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-09-22 19:02:37
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page looks at whether pseudo-ISO 50 offers any value on the Fujifilm GFX-100 versus ISO 100 by analyzing identical exposure times at ISO 50 and ISO 100. It also shows how using ISO can mislead about the camera exposure warning and histogram display.
Pseudo ISO 50
Many cameras have pseudo ISO values, often designated as "L-50" for pseudo ISO 50. Of those, most record exactly the same thing at this low pseudo others vs the first real ISO. This is the way the Fujifilm GFX-100 operates (and its 50 megapixel siblings). Thus there is no advantage to using ISO 50 in terms of recorded exposure.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.