EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 06:26:14
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
SHOOTOUT: Fujifilm GFX100S vs Sony A1: Deck and Roof
How much more detail from the Fujifilm GFX100S vs the 50-megapixel Sony A1? And how much does that depend on lens choice?
The question is not so much “which is better”, but “how large/small are the differences”? The law of diminishing returns applies.
The Fujifilm GF 35-70mm f/4.5-5.6 is used on the Fujifilm GFX100S . It is an excellent sample, showing excellent symmetry (freedom from lens skew).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Medium Format covers medium format camera systems, including the Hasselblad X1D and Fujifilm GFX.
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.