EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-05-12 20:59:13
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Bad news for monochrome shooters hoping to shoot the Fujifilm GFX100S as a substitute for a monochrome-sensor camera by beating 'em with more pixels... the horizontal white stripes seen in the Fujifilm GFX100 have not been fixed with the Fujifilm GFX100S.
Many people have claimed the issue is fixed. But I reproduced the problem with the very first frame I shot to test for it*. The issue is thus not only present with the GFX100S but almost certainly not fixed in the Fujifilm GFX100, which has an identical sensor.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.