EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-01-28 05:23:57
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Comments based on Fujifilm GFX100S firmware version 1.31 (April 2022).
This page discusses how to focus so as to compensate for optical focus shift using manual focus. There is seemingly no way to compensate when using autofocus.
Many of the Fujifilm GF lenses have focus shift, with some like the Fujifilm GF 32-64mm f/4 have it to such a degree that that the lens is problematic for landscape photography (easier to get away with it for portraits). See for example Huge Laurel Along Alpine Creek.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.