EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-03 09:03:27
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page looks at various aspects of image quality using examples to demonstrate.
I’m getting used to the H6D-100C after shooting it for a few days, and what strikes me here is this: it is going to be hard to go back to any other camera. The resolution of 100 megapixels captures the detail I’ve always dreamed of having, and the per-pixel quality is as good or better than any camera I’ve shot. That’s a fantastic combination worth some trouble: while the rig is a beast and operationally a bit frustrating, the results are unbeatably fantastic.
All images at up to full camera resolution.
Overall image quality at ISO 64
I think this selfie sums it up in terms of detail, color, contrast, etc—superb. There is a richness and integrity and 3D-look to the H6D-100C images that is surely as good as anything else I’ve used—but with 2X or more the pixels.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.