EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-09-24 19:58:19
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Includes images up to the full 100 megapixel camera resolution.
Geologic Intrusion, close view
This area offers fascinating geologic evidence. For starters the granite/gneiss of classic Yosemite gives way to a melange of metamorphic rock. Here, a many miles-long fault appears to have twisted layered metamorphic rock into a 40-foot-wide gap between the native igneous material. How the heck does that happen?! This intrusion runs for miles all the way into the Dana Lakes area (at least) where it has mostly eroded away. In the Twenty Lakes Basin, a spine of this material can be followed as surely as any trail. Here and there it is obscured, but it always re-emerges. There must have been a massive and major fault shift here many thousands of years ago.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.