EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-10 02:05:17
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Examples reprocessed in early 2017 for sizes up to 25 megapixels (5760 X 4320, 4320 being the maximum height that can fit on an 8K display). Crops were not redone. See shooting and processing notes on the 28mm page.
Image shot in autumn of 2010.
Depth of field
Depth of field was a continual challenge with the 100mm. Careful attention must be paid to the exact focus point one desires.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.