EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-01-17 13:53:08
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This page assesses real-world dynamic range in a very high contrast subject using a maximum shadow boost during raw conversion.
Dynamic range — shadow boost
Adobe Camera Raw 22.214.171.1242. View ACR settings.
I noticed this bright silver paint and dark shadows scene, and it struck me that it would be an excellent test for the ability of the Hasselblad X1D to capture a range of brightness similar to that often found in my outdoor shooting in the mountains.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.