EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-24 15:30:36
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
The X1D offers the best long exposure mode of any camera I have ever used: it just works right:
- No dark frame needed, which cuts exposure time in half. I’d like to sleep rather than wait twice as long and/or be able to make twice as many night exposures.
- There are no artificial time limit as with every other camera on the market. Set it to aperture priority, and if the X1D thinks an hour is needed, away it goes—perfect.
- The option lets one start shooting, walk away, and abort with a possibly good exposure if time presses.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.