EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-06-22 14:02:46
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Live View shuts off after 15 seconds
The EVF operates so long as the eye is there. But the rear LCD will revert out of Live View after 15 seconds, reverting to a screen showing camera settings. This can be a major nuisance for some types of shooting. Presumably this is done to save battery life and to keep the camera from heating up too much, but there is no option to extend this time with X1D firmware 1.15.0-6541.
Battery life is very short. For the way I shoot, 50 to 75 shots is about all I can expect, since I take time to compose and focus carefully.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.