EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-24 14:20:00
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Hasselblad X1D II firmware v 1.1.0. Lens firmware 0.5.40.
Same issue with Hasselblad X1D II firmware v 1.2.0. Lens firmware 0.5.40.
Brand-new X1D II 50C with latest firmware and brand-new lenses. Symptoms persist after redoing firmware on camera and lenses as per instructions from Hasselblad. Happens with every lens (35-75, 65/2.8, 80/1.9, 135/2.8).
I lost and am losing numerous fine images from this bug and have been unable to make images in pre-dawn or late dusk conditions where the balance of lighting between sky and mountains is at its best. For the better part of a week, violent winds have ruled out daytime work (even ignoring the harshly unpleasant daytime light near the summer solstice), settling down only at the edges of the day, when the camera won’t operate properly once the exposure time gets to 20 seconds.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.