EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-12 11:53:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Hasselblad X1D II firmware v 1.1.0. Lens firmware 0.5.40.
Same problems with Hasselblad X1D II firmware v 1.2.0 and Lens firmware 0.5.40. Same problems with 80/1.9, 65/2.8, 135/2.8, 35-75/3.5-4.5
This is unacceptable performance from the Hasselblad X1D II, so bad that I have to call it a bug.
Since I published these two examples, I found MANY other examples of inaccurate focus. Sometimes it is slight but “slight” means at least a stop if not two. Other times it is a total joke, confirming forcus with beep and green light for complete blur. Something is VERY wrong with AF on the Hasselblad X1D II. In recent years, I have never seen such bad performance with AF with any camera, not even close.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.