EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-07 18:34:53
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Hasselblad X1D II firmware v 1.2.0. Lens firmware 0.5.40.
With all cameras and lenses, my habit is to always block non-image forming light so as to avoid veiling and ghosting flares. The lens hood is worthless on many lenses of all brands as far as blocking non-image-forming light—totally ineffective when the sun is not in the frame but is close enough to shine obliquely onto the entire front lens element , the worst case for lens flare.
Thus it is critically important to block that non-image forming light with some lenses. In particularly, veiling fare with the Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 makes shooting towards the sun a disaster unless the front element is shielded.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.