EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-16 00:33:00
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Hasselblad X1D II firmware v 1.2.0. Lens firmware 0.5.40.
Lossless-compressed raw file format delivers exactly the same file quality as uncompressed raw, but with huge space savings with several implications as noted below.
The Hasselblad X1D II sucks in a key practical way: it does not offer a lossless-compressed raw file format. Weirdly, my Hasselblad marketing contact insisted it did, until I proved to her that it did not.
My SDXC card of choice is the Sony 128GB SF-G Tough Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card — bulletproof.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.