EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-07 17:08:23
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Hasselblad X1D II firmware v 1.2.0. Lens firmware 0.5.40.
The one thing I have found over a dozen years while reviewing nearly every significant pro and semi-pro camera ever produced in that time is this: nailing focus is the #1 most important thing to image sharpness.
Thus how wonderful that several cameras now have such accurate autofocus that I can generally rely on it, whereas for most of digital camera history that was not the case. Indeed, I have a difficult time bettering the autofocus on the 60MP Sony A7R IV in 100% magnified Live View, so much so that half the time the camera does better no matter how careful I am.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.